vineri, 15 ianuarie 2016

mustang

Paco
Great respect for this stallion.
We observed him quite a bit back in 2013 and 2014, but lost track of him. Back in March 2014 we were out on the range, and happened to be in the spot selected by two stallions -- each a half mile out on each side of us. We saw them spot and face eachother and knew it was going to be a showdown. Sure enough, they went running toward the other, covering almost a mile of sage fast to meet. They came running in and by shear luck, stopped right in front of us for an epic battle. It was band stallions, Paco and Patriot. They eventually parted ways with their families, both victors in their own minds.
I had heard Paco lost his band later in 2014 and I had not seen him since that fight. I read he was injured, and as we often do with long times between sightings, some of us thought the worst.

This July evening the sun was near the western horizon and we were among a number of bands on this perfect prairie with a view of the western expance far below the slope of the mountain. I happened to glance to my right and between hills spied in the distance, the Silver Bay's band headed down to water. I hadn't seen them for a long time and quickly made my way there, in hopes for some quick documentary shots, and head back up the hill in time for the sunset.
One of the horses coming out of the water, stopping short to look at me, was this palomino. I shot a few frames but hurridly grabbed more shots of other horses. I had assumed it was Golden Eagle, as he had been trailing the Silver Bay. Paco never crossed my mind as he hadn't been seen for a long time. Boy was I surprised when I edited photos and noticed his unique blaze- it was him.. it was Paco....
The shimmering water surface was his perfect backdrop... better than any diamonds.
Image of Paco and Patriot just before the eruption of hooves and teeth (March 2014)... https://www.facebook.com/mustangmeg1/photos/a.10152224193958956.1073741841.226517823955/10153173710898956/?type=3&theater
For the journal and album of this July trip ... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…
Bachelor Stallion
July 2015/SE Oregon
*Please note that my images are shared here at a low resolution. To inquire about one of these photos at full resolution, please contact me here or mustangwild@outlook.com . You can also visit my MustangWild photography website www.mustangwild.com .
Thank you for helping me roam wild on the ranges, and helping me to work on keeping the "wild" in our west... and our west WILD

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

ROBI






ADOPTA PISOANCE!

Adopta o pisica

ADOPTII PISICUTE

Adopta o pisicuta

ADOPTA, MERITA 1 SANSA!

Adoptii caini

ADOPTA 1 CATEL

Adopta un catelus

ADOPTA 1 CUT!

a title="Adoptii caini" href="http://www.adoptiicaini.ro/">Adoptii caini